"
' Ahhh, it's my buddy,' he would say when he saw me, in that foggy,high-pitched voice. And it didn't stop with the greeting. When morrie was with you, he was really with you. He looked you straight in the eye, and he listened as if you were the only person in the world.How much better would people get along if their first encounter each day were like this - instead of a grumble from a witness or a bus driver or boss?
' I believe in being fully present,' Morrie said. ' That means you should be with the person you're with. When I'm talking to you now, Mitch, I try to keep focused only on what is going on between us. I am not thinking about something we said last week. I am not thinking what's coming up this friday. I am not thinking about doing another koppel show or about what medications I'm taking.' ' I am talking to you. I am thinking about you.' "
Maybe some of you will find it all so familiar or to some it just come across as another little passage I'm gonna talk about.
For all those who knows, you must be thinking, " Ahhh...that really nice book." Yes, this was taken out of 'Tuesdays with Morrie' by Mitch Albom.
I wanna say 'thanks' to Cin for showing the book to me and lending me scan thru it for all the meaningful little passages. I always wanted to read this book after I've read 'The Five People U Meet In Heaven' also by the same author, but I never got a chance to cost it was to expensive to purchase and no one seem to have it. Luckily now, I finally get to glimsp at it and hope I'll be able to spare some cash to buy it.
This passage is the first I post here as I felt it talk about how people should talk to me. And what I have been telling people, ' Look at Me when you are talking to Me.' I feel everyone should be like how Morrie would do, ' I am talking to you. I am thinking about you'. To me that is the least u can do to show the person in front of u do exist. Isn't that how and what everyone want? To prove that you exist in this world. Isn't it how you want the person you are interacting to feel? Feel your sincerity, your respect and you do feel them there. How have u made the person u are talking to feel today?
I just finished doing the investment file for my boss. Finally! I hope he's satisfied or I'll go mad do it for him again and again! Can't take much of that S***!
Ytd played mahjong with Jess, Fang and KX at my place. I won! so hapi! Its like the first time I won all 3 in a mahjong session. I didn't win much but it was the sense of accomplishment. Hee! thou I'm still unable to really count on the spot or know how many to separate or how many times is it or who wants wat cards but well at least I'm now faster at looking at my own cards and think a little faster of how I wanna form to win. Not bad for a slow person like me rite? Heex!
Ate cheesecake that Jess made. It was very soft but it was good. I liked it alot. Thanks 4 it Jess!
Last Saturday was my cousin wedding and it was held at Westin...
So my mummy had to forced me to wear more lady-like and refuse to let me wear jeans even if I wore a formal top and heels. So I wore a skirt which my mummy agreed (-_-")
At the wedding was horrible... I was the only ' youngster' among the whole table of uncles and aunties. Anw, 1 of my uncle called me auntie! *faint* I did curl my hair a little but 'AUNTIE'!!!
Then came the question and answer part... Luckily they didn't start with the where's your boyfriend thinggie...tink of the look their faces will have if i were to say ' Oh! I've been crazy over this drink. ' ( @~@")
Met Ms Bao aft the whole wedding thinggie. For once she was free to ask me out! Amazing huh...hee... So she came all the way to Westin to meet me. Wanted to go Chjimes, but it was kinda boring and it was a Saturday so I suggested Wine Bar since its where pretty ppl hang out.
Erm... but apparantly Ms Bao didn't have much luck cos for once there ain't many ppl arnd and even lesser pretty ppl hanging out. So we gave up ppl watching and started chatting with the well-known super strong whiskey dry. * Seem like Wine bar got their whiskey at real cheap prices... so strong! Ai Si!*
Then tis 2 guys just wanted to lend part of the table to put their drinks. ended up we were all talking. A 28 yr-old and a 32. 1 is a boss of a own company, another is a high management of DHL.Cool. They treated us to 2 lychee martini each. * Ms Bao n I were both craving for lychees!* Hmmm...well, lucky they ain't some tin brains.And they said we look real young. Hahaa!
I told my tongue was bad, wait til you experience the power of Ms Bao...*Ouch!*
Okie...I'm having a real bad flu now. ("-.-)